Black Forest Quilters

Our Mission: To contribute to the advancement of quilting skills and knowledge and to enhance intercultural exchanges.

Stocking Donations needed!

Moderators: Littlefrog, Lisa

Stocking Donations needed!

Postby Littlefrog » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:21 pm

Some of you might remember that last year and the year before I asked for donations of Christmas stockings.

Today, I'd like to ask you once again: would you please donate Christmas stockings you no longer need? It is for the children's oncologoy ward of the Virchow hospital in Berlin. Santa's little helpers fill them with goodies and give them to the kids who have to stay there before Christmas.

I hopefully will be able to send them a large box with donations of stockings, pillowcases, chemo hats and little bags for their marbles (the kids get a marble for each treatment they finished).

Karen just dropped by and presented me with a HUGE pile of 40 (FORTY!) beanies for the kids :heart: - thank you so very, very much, it will be greatly appreciated by the hospital helpers

Please see me at the meeting in October and November, or at the sleepaway or mini retreats.

Your help will be very much appreciated! :heart: Thank you :heart:

This is the group I'd like to help out with stockings etc.:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/454939041355965/
Quiltingly yours,
Sue Froeschle (aka littlefrog)
Admin
Littlefrog
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Sue's Quilt Shop, Herrenberger Str. 24, 71126 Gäufelden-Nebringen

Re: Stocking Donations needed!

Postby Littlefrog » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:38 pm

A little reminder - if you have stockings to donate, please bring them to either the October Mini Retreat, the October regular meeting, or to the November Midi Retreat.

The kids were delighted to receive such beautifully stuffed stockings last year and the year before! Santa's helpers appreciate your efforts - a small stocking makes a big smile :heart:
Quiltingly yours,
Sue Froeschle (aka littlefrog)
Admin
Littlefrog
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Sue's Quilt Shop, Herrenberger Str. 24, 71126 Gäufelden-Nebringen

Return to Welcome